To provide necessary training and knowledge for every seafarer who is designated to perform security duties on board including anti-piracy and anti-armed-robbery related activities, according to required standards listed in section A-VI/6-2 of STCW Code in accordance with the 2010 Manila Amendments and ISPS Code. This training is based on IMO model course 3.24. PRE - REQUISITE Security familiarization training STCW Regulation VI/6 of STCW Convention and Section A-VI/6-2 of STCW Code. Objectives Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the SSP. Course Outline consists of;
• ISPS Introduction
• Maintain conditions set forth in a ship security plan (SSP)
• Assist in conducting and maintaining ship security assessment
• Proper usage of security equipment and systems
• Threat identification, recognition of security risks and threats
• Under take regular security inspection of the ship
• Emergency preparedness, drills and exercises Program Based on IMO Model Course 3.26 “Security Awareness Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties”.
Classroom for theoretical lessons with overhead projector, media projector, TV, whiteboard, etc.
Number of trainees 5 - 20 participants.
Duration 8 hours / 1 day, from 08.00 am to 04.00 pm Schedule
Candidate for certification will be required to demonstrate competence to undertake the tasks as listed in the course areas, outlined above and successfully attended the duration of the course.
Click HERE to Download PDF >